Covid 19 relief activities | WORD | during the lock down
We implement the following activities as emergency Relief during the Covid 19 outbreak both in Wave I & Wave II
c19- Wave I (2020)
Wave II (2021)
During the Covid 19 - Wave I in 2020, we have implemented the following relief activities
- Stitching the disposable and reusable face masks at our production center in Namakkal for distribution to public.
- Distribution of 24,400 Personal Hygiene Kits to rural women supported by Fullerton India Credit Company Limited in 60 locations in Tamilnadu.
- Bridge medical needs of 11,234 rural people in 150 health care camps with the support of Fullerton India Credit Company Limited.
- Emergency Relief by means of distribution of dry rations for 1978 families and Bridge Support for Livelihood for 851 women supported by Freedom Fund in Namakkal District in 3 rounds. This includes the purchase of 3 tonnes of rice from Food Corporation of India under the Open Market Sales Scheme that were open to NGOs with the recommendation by the Namakkal District Administration.
- Volunteering Activities with Indian Red Cross Society in Namakkal District.
- Distribution of Dry Ration things for 682 families (in 2 rounds) & Personal Protection Equipments (PPE Kits) to Sanitary Workers supported by SCINDeA.
- Emergency Support for 157 women affected by HIV/AIDS with Personal & Hygiene Kits and Interim Job Assistance during the lock down with the support of Microcredit for Mothers, Netherlands.
During this 2nd wave in 2021, we are implementing the following relief activities
- With the support of Freedom Fund, WORD trained 100 volunteers in 50 villages as health resource people in their communities. They were given pulse oxy meters, digital thermo meters and also with personal protection measures. They worked in the communities with the initial screening and to do the essential referrals to the nearby health care services for the needy.
- With the support of Freedom Fund, WORD also supported with the essential dry rations to 559 needed families and the bridge support of livelihood to 733 women.
- Conduct awareness programs for the public for Covid 19 immunisation.
- WORD set up a team of staff to offer phone based counselling and to address mental health issues for the Covid 19 infected/ vulnerable. The language would be in Tamil.
- In partnership with Healthpix, the staff, volunteers and the community members could make use of free online consultation with the expert doctors during this Covid 19 lockdown times.
- WORD donated 40 ICU cots with mattress to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital, ESI Medical College Hospital- Coimbatore, Salem Medical College Hospital & Salem with the support of Fullerton India Credit Company Limited.
- WORD donated 10 ICU cots with mattress to Namakkal Medical College Hospital with the support of Paharpur Cooling Towers, Kolkata.